Job Title: Camp Counsellor, Grand Theatre Drama Camp
Job Type: Summer Student
Number of Positions: 2
This summer, The Kick & Push Festival is teaming up with the City of Kingston to provide 9 weeks of summer drama camps for kids 6-12 in the Grand Theatre.
We are looking for 2 camp counsellors who love to work with kids and have an interest in drama education. Applicants must be full time day students at a recognized secondary or post-secondary institute and be returning to full time attendance in the Fall of 2016.
Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Submissions for summer student positions will only be accepted by email and must be submitted by the closing date.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY APRIL 13, 2016 4:30pm.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER and RESUME: email@example.com
- Theatre Camp is a summer day camp focused on learning the joy and art of making theatre. The camp consists of three 2 week and 3 one week sessions and runs weekdays from July 4th to September 2nd, 2016. There will also be two weeks of training for all camp staff from June 20th to 30th, 2016.
- 2 camp leaders and one onsite supervisor will supervise up to 20 campers per day.
- Assisting with writing, developing and producing a children’s play for each two week session.
- Supervision of program participants.
- Maintain and monitor participants with regards to program, site and equipment.
- Design and monitor construction of any props required for production.
- Organizing day to day activities for children.
- Enforce policies and procedures, manage conflicts and work through issues arising at program location
- Keep accurate administrative records (daily attendance, equipment inventory, programming, behaviour logs, safety checks).
- Ongoing communication with participant/guardians.
- Attend mandatory training and staff meetings.
- Exhibiting outstanding public relations and customer service skills in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours of operation are 8:00am – 5:30pm / Monday – Friday.Qualifications, Competencies
- MUST BE ENROLLED IN AND RETURNING TO FULL-TIME SECONDARY OR POST SECONDARY STUDIES IN FALL OF 2016
- Experience working in theatre groups or day camp settings.
- Experience working with children ages 6-12 years old, knowledge of age appropriate recreational activities.
- Course/class experiences in drama, live theatre, or performing arts an asset.
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
skills, abilities, work demands
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check will be required by the successful candidate at their own expense.
- High Five (PHCD) – Principals of Healthy Child Development Certification is required prior to start date. Course available in June 2016.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible, team oriented.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Theatre Kingston is an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.