uncurated, uncensored, unboring
From June 23 – July 1 Theatre Kingston’s STOREFRONT FRINGE FESTIVAL is taking over three empty storefronts in downtown Kingston. Last year’s festival was a huge success, with sold-out houses and incredible buzz – don’t miss this opportunity to join Kingston’s own indie theatre party in 2017. Check out the Kick & Push Festival wrap up video that features several of the Storefront Festival productions.
3 empty storefronts, 17 companies, 102 performances
To gain access to the festival, you must purchase a $3 Fringe Pin. Once you have your pin tickets for the Storefront Fringe Festival shows are $10 (HST included). Wearing your Fringe Pin, you’ll get access to discounts at local hotspots like the Alibi, Harper’s Burger Bar, Balzacs, and Choi’s Rolls.
How can you get involved?
Volunteer for the Fringe Festival and earn free tickets and discounts to local businesses downtown. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Line-up (schedule coming soon)
- Space Jameration: A Stand-up Special with Greg Houston
- Oasis Love presented by Sissyphean Productions, artists: Johnny Salib & Claudia Carino
- Singlejoy presented by Karina Adventures, artists Karina Milech
- Turtleneck presented by emerGENce Theatre, artists: Brandon Nicoletti, Brandon Crone, Laura Katherine Hayes
- What Will the Neighbours Think? presented by Urafiki Theatre*, artists: Radissen Ramoutar, Reece Young, Lauren Casselman
- Junk’d! Or Let’s Get this Roadshow On the Road! presented by Crystal Amazement*
- Fruit presented by Studio 013,* artists: Tyler Matthews, Bryan Vuyk, Danish Kumar Chinniah, Melissa Radford, Sara Cheraghlou
- For all inTents presented by Amped Up Theatre, artists: Lauren Welchner, Glenys Marshall, Monica Bradford-Lea
- AMAZE: A Comedy Magic Show presented by Eliot Entertainment*, artists: David A. Eliot
- Homeschooled the Musical presented by Blue Canoe*, artists: Ryan Cowl, Michael Sheppard
- El Diablo of the Cards presented by Flop! artists: Ewerton Martins
- reach presented by Reflex Collective*, artists: Kyle Holleran, Annabel Thornton, Brandon Asselbergs, Cristina Gonçalves, Dhanish Chinniah, Jesse Losee, Kristen Kim, Lizzie Moffatt, Nolan Hunter, Taylor Yurcich
- (Better than) Dying Alone presented by Bad Dress Productions*, artists: David Poon, Jessica Kostuck, Greg McLeod
- Mad about Madeleine presented by Old Witch Theatre Co. artists: Tim Crease, Talia Acker
- Apple Butter presented by Jewel Weed Co. artists: James Reaney, Helen Monroe, Peter Jarvis, Jennifer Brook
- Prince of Naples by George F. Walker presented by Fritz and Co* artists: Craig Walker, Andrea Robertson Walker, Dan Karpenchuk, Vince Stabile,
- In Our Small Town presented by Taste That! Players artists: Ryan Aldred, Beth Easton, Lenny Epstein, Gavin North, Julianne Snepsts, Paul Snepsts, Matthew Sheahan, Glen Wallis, Susan Wallis, Mihal Zada
Theatre Kingston is dedicated to bringing accessible, exciting, and homegrown theatre experiences to residents and visitors of our incredible city and to building a hotbed of talent in our community. Not to mention, the artists involved in each show keep 100% of the ticket sales!